Sunday, February 8, 2015

Book Review: Find Your Strongest Life

Find Your Strongest Life: What the Happiest and Most Successful Women Do DifferentlyFind Your Strongest Life: What the Happiest and Most Successful Women Do Differently by Marcus Buckingham

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


One day last summer while waiting for a girlfriend to join me for happy hour, I sent her the following text: "Retiring to back patio with Marcus and vino. C U soon."  Vino, she knew... but who is Marcus? "The only man in the world who understands me!"  And it's true... to any woman out there who is inclined to be put out because yet another man has written yet another book for women I say "This is Marcus Buckingham!  He gets it!  Plus, he has tons and tons of survey data backing up his conclusions."  The Buckingham formula is simple and delightful: there is nothing wrong with any of us that cannot be improved by what is right with any of us.  The path to great success, to highest achievement in learning or earning or living happily ever after, is across the lush green field of our unique strengths. So identify them, honor then, refine them, offer them, and employ them in every aspect of your life.  That is much more fun than wallowing in all the unfixable aspects of your personality or trying to develop a talent that just isn't there.

Like other Buckingham treasures, this one comes with an assessment tool - this time free - and this time helping us understand our strongest life roles.  It's reading the descriptors - based on comparison data with millions of other women around the world - that made me feel understood.  I know the advice is correct, too, because I have made important improvements in my life after applying the learnings from previous Buckingham books.  

BTW - my lead strength role is ADVISOR (with a MOTIVATOR back up) - so take MY advice: go get this book, do the assessment, pour yourself a glass of vino, and spend some time getting to know and appreciate the best you!

As usual, I have put together a two-summary.  Download it free by clicking here.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment