Sunday, July 5, 2015

Book Review: Screw It, Let's Do It

Screw It, Let's Do It: Lessons In LifeScrew It, Let's Do It: Lessons In Life by Richard Branson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars




Here are the notes I made to myself on the back page of this book after reading it on the plane out to California for a dream 50th-birthday vacation. "I can afford this trip. I can meet my own needs, now and into the future. I can help any who needs me. There's a lot of life in this body - and a great deal to give. Now, have fun - and let the money take care of itself. Screw it - let's do it!"

Really, what else is there to say? If an author can make you feel that good about yourself, your decisions, and your future, then anybody should want to read that author.

I am not like Sir Richard in any way. I am not as smart, not as brave, not as passionate, not as ambitious or male or British. But the way he lives his life, and the thoughts he shares, inspire me to the core. If he ever quits putting out books I may have to read one of the old ones every few years just to stay connected to that spirit.

My own essential life commitment is to finding and sharing the value of creating option "C" - inventing a way past the dug-in place when people who want "A" are locked in against those who want "B." Screw It, Let's Do It is a how-to manual for anyone who wishes to participate fully in the capitalist system while simultaneously taking care of the earth and enjoying life. Doing it all just takes a willingness to bust out and be creative. We got this!

So here begins my annual tribute to Sir Richard, whose July 18 birthday I proudly share.   I've got three more of his books to share in the next few weeks.  Meanwhile, those who would like to read my two-page summary of Screw It, Let's Do It can download it for free by clicking here. 




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment