Sunday, September 21, 2014

Book Review: The 100 Best Business Books of All Time

The 100 Best Business Books of All Time: What They Say, Why They Matter, and How They Can Help YouThe 100 Best Business Books of All Time: What They Say, Why They Matter, and How They Can Help You by Jack Covert

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is a terrific resource that is getting to be a few years old now.  But when something is considered the best of "all time" what difference does a few more years make? I first picked up this compendium of great business writing in 2010 and for the balance of that year, and then throughout 2011, most of the book summaries I compiled were recommended by these authors as one of the 100 best.  I especially like the way Covert and Sattersten divide out their categories ("Leadership," "Strategy," "Enterpreneurship," for example) and I have made it my business to read something from each chapter over the course of the last few years.  I think that has helped me broaden my reading.  Some of their choices were already favorites, like The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, The Tipping Point and The Five Dysfunctions of a Team.  Others I only learned about because they appear here: Moneyball, Losing My Virginity, and The E-Myth Revisited.  To date, I have read 16 of these books and have another 11 on my list.  I hope to hear from others on how they experienced this collection.  I enjoyed it very much.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment